Monday, December 10, 2012

In love with My Mind's Eye !!!

Back again to share with you all my last bit of scrapping for the year..
 
Well I may get a chance to have a bit of a play in a few weeks.. but won't be till I have managed to set up myself a space to create.
 
So.. once again I have had some yummy products to play with from Mad About Scrappin.
 
OMG.. when I chose these papers I was in love.. however must say that when I saw the papers in real life they were even better than I had expected. I must say that Leanne find the best products to sell in her store.. AND at such amazing prices too!!!
 
I played around with My Mind's Eye - The Sweetest Thing paper range. I love that they match up so perfcetly and lend themselves to a variety of themes. Most of all I love the fact that they are double sided which means that I have twice as much paper to select from !
 
So.. with a little help from some ink, stamps and some super cute photos of my kidlets I was able to create away to my hearts content with this yummy paper range.
 
 
I love stamps... most of all I love hand cutting. I was able to combine the two by stamping onto the yummy paper range to create my own embellishments which I was able to then layer over some paper flowers. this helped to create dimensions and softened the overall look.
 
I created the base of this layout by stamping onto some recycled card and then "painted" the stamped image to "emboss" it with a thick glue wash. I then sprayed the whole base with multiple layers of glimmermist to highlight the stamped image. Then I rubbed the edges and stamped image with ink to bring it out even more. This created a fun base to work with that matched my papers perfectly.
 
Nothing like a stamping with a clear stamp in your hand rather than a stamp block. I love the effect that I achieve doing this. You get the stamped image but not all of it and just give a hint of the image in the background. I then rub ink over it all lightly to blend it all into the background.
 
Have had so much fun laying with all the products I have received from Mad About Scrappin.
 
Why not head over to the shop and see what Leanne has there at the moment.
 
TFL, Michelle x
Photobucket
Pin It Now!