Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Romantic Card with Jeanette

A couple of weeks ago I took part in a Valentine's swap where one of the things we had to make was a card.  It was to include the word 'love', have trim and/or lace, flowers and a love heart. As always I used my gorgeous flowers from Mad About Scrappin. I chose the white Cosmos Daisy and Cherry Blossom from the store and the white Azalea, white Velvet Leaves and the word 'love' from the Flog It Friday Sale on Facebook. These combined with some old music paper, lace, a Silver heart, seam binding, lace, doiley and bling, I also added a tiny stickpin for good measure. It made for a very romantic card which would also be gorgeous to give for an engagement or wedding. By adding a little 'gesso' to the yellow of the stamens in the flowers it kept the theme white with touches of black. I think the overall look was very 'Vintage Shabby Chic'.
This was a very easy card to put together yet the result is quite striking.




Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: