Tuesday, March 19, 2013

March Colour Inspiration with Lou

 

Happiness

 
March's Mad about Scrappin's Facebook Challenge is a colour inspiration one,
 
 
Gorgeous shades of green, cream and pink... LOVE this colour combo.
 
I purchased in a previous Flog it Friday the 'Fiction' collection from Basic Grey and I was able to match these colours perfectly from the range
 

Aren't these papers Divine!
First point of call was to grab my Kraft Core and pick a background colour, I went with a pale pink and then I distressed the left and right edges and sanded them and finished with a swipe of Antique Linen Ink.
 
 
 I then took the pale green number sheet from the 'Fiction' pack, cut this down and ripped it along one edge. I then inked it with my staple Antique Linen to keep with the cream in the inspiration. I then placed some brown chevron Washi tape along the left hand side and I also wanted to create another layer which I had seen in the Basic Grey papers, so I then taped a piece of lace under the torn edge.
 


I wanted to look soft on this edge and I think, that I achieved this. I wanted to create some interest over the patterned paper background and I decided on inking through two different masks with Antique Linen, one the bold circles in the centre and the other mask to give another element of a border around the page.  Next step was to cut a large pennant shape out of the pink floral paper, distress, ink it and stick this down. As well as the 3 small strips to give the balance.
 
 
 
Another one of my staples is the Polaroid Frames from Kaisercraft, love, love, love these. My picture was already square as it is an instagram photo of my darling daughter last winter building a sand castle in our sand pit. But I wanted to echo it further with the added frame and I knew this would give me the space for a title.
 


If you saw my blog entry last month then you know that I have a love of little embellies and I collect lots of bits and pieces. I also never as a rule throw any scrap paper away.... So the rest of my papers have come from 'My Stash' for instance the pink little miss muffet paper (Lily Bee) is actually grey, I inked it with Spun Sugar distress ink to match the page.  Also the view finder is from a sheet of Echo Park, I use them all the time, great for that little something on a page.
 


 
I love texture and adding a small amount of muslin to my page, gave it another soft effect and also meant I could create little clusters of embellies, buttons, rhinestones and drips of glimmer.
 
 
I used on this page, flowers, rhinestones and paperclip from Prima, Antique tickets, Glimmer mist in Vintage Pink and Decadence. Heidi Swap title and definition.  Lots and lots of embellies from Mad about Scrappin Flog it Friday's on Facebook
 
Here is the finished Page
 
 
I hope you like the page I am rather fond of it myself
 Go on leave Leanne and the girls some love
xx Lou
 
 
 
 
 
Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: