Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Altered Matchboxes using Kaisercraft's 'Needle and Thread' Collection

The adorable papers from Kaisercraft's 'Needle and Thread' Collection can be used for so many Off the Page projects and this week I decided to alter some little matchboxes for a Swap I'm in.


This is a very easy project, just cut your paper to the size of the outside of the box and glue on. I whitewashed the inside and placed a little lace and that's it.  With a bead or button placed on the front like a little drawer handle all that's left to do is decorate the top.


There are so many wonderful flowers available from Mad About Scrappin that the job was almost done for me, just a little arranging, a sweet little bow made from seam binding and they are done.  I even used a resin piece on one to act as a little base for a nest. You don't need a lot of embellishments because the boxes are so tiny.






I hope that you give this idea a try, maybe even make a few for cute little gift ideas.
Thanks for stopping by today
Jeanette  x
Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: