Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Beautiful Butterflies

I joined an Altered Spoon Swap in March and the guidelines were to alter a spoon, use some ephemera and try to stay in the colours of cream or yellow using either bright or pastels.
I have previously only ever altered one spoon and it broke while I was playing with it so I turned it into a charm of sorts, so because I liked the look of this I decided to break some more spoons!!!!
Here's the spoon I altered, I snapped an old Souvenir spoon from the Op/Thrift store, bent each end of the handle to form loops and then I cut out and attached a butterfly from the Kaisercraft 'Timeless' collection papers which were from Mad Acout Scrappin and used this as my ephemera (they are slightly off white/cream), I then gathered a little tulle underneath the butterfly like a second set of wings and attached to the spoon, once this was complete I glued a button onto the end of the spoon after removing the original emblem. I then attached a looped chain to the spoon loop and another chin to also attach to the handle loop using jump rings so that it would hang below :)

I'm very pleased with my spoon and just love the butterflies in the paper collection.
Thank you for taking a look :)
Jeanette xx
Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: