Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Lou's May Challenge


My Little slice of Honey...

Hi all 
Lou here to showcase my page created with the elements from this months Facebook challenge.

This month, required me to put my thinking cap on... Wings, colour and a B&W photo and use of a template or stencil.  But all of this was put at ease when I remembered that I had this lovely piece of paper from My Minds Eye, which Mad about Scrappin has available Here


I firstly created a masked circle toward the right hand side of the page with Antique Linen and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Inks, then I added further template work with the Random Hexagon 6 x 6 template from WOW with Raspberry Pie Fluid Chalk Ink from Prima, which I purchased a Flog it Friday, this matched perfectly with the paper colours. The great thing about this paper is that it features some gorgeous little bumble bees and took care of my wings element straight away.



I added some extra height by fussy cutting part of the rose from the coordinating paper  and mounting with foam tape. I then die cut some matching hexagons from the loveliness mix of papers of this range.


I have had these Alphas for such a long time and never used them, but I got them from Mad about Scrappin a couple of years ago and they were just perfect for the title 'Big Prep Girl' I still can not believe that my baby is at school.




I lastly used my B&W photo on the handcrafted tag as a design element in the far bottom right hand    corner, which drew your eye from top left to bottom right hand corner which makes the page flow.
  Here is the page in its full glory :)




Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: