Thursday, May 16, 2013

Stick Pin Holder

I love to go Op-Shopping or as some may say Thrift Shopping and I'm always on the look out for small boxes that I can alter and re-purpose as gifts. On one of my little trips I found a couple of old necklace boxes in perfect condition and this is what I've done to one of them.

Back
The box was perfect as a Stick Pin Holder, the only marking on the box was on the back so I just covered it with a notepaper where I can write my details.


Inside


Using the gorgeous Kaisercraft 'Porcelain Rose' Collection papers I went about fussy cutting some of the flower patterns out to place inside along both bottom edges, this would hide the foam where the pins are placed. I edged it with some gold 'stickles' and pearl bead trim. I placed some lovely lace above each section and added more of the pearl bead trim.


Front
On the front of the case I used a large bird image from one of the papers, a gorgeous variety of flowers from the store, along the bottom I used a dainty lace trim and the same pearl bead trim, I also made a couple of tiny stick pins for decoration in the upper left corner where I rolled the paper back, added a lily flower and tucked a little lace behind. On the right hand side I used some of the music paper and rolled like a vase placing some bead spray inside which I purchased from a Flog It Friday event on the Mad About Scrappin Facebook Page.

I hope you like what I made and thank you for taking the time to visit :)

Jeanette xx


Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: