Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Picnic Time!!

It's Spring time in Australia right now, the weather is warming up and everyone is enjoying the outdoors once again, and in the Northern hemisphere it's Autumn and the weather is cooling down but still not too cool to enjoy the outdoors!



So what better way to enjoy the outdoors than with a picnic!!! Well that would be lovely but unfortunately the little picnic basket I have to show you today wouldn't hold very many goodies of the food variety :)

******

I was recently inspired by a photo on pinterest of a little cardstock/paper picnic basket so I set about creating my own using the picture as a guide.

I used two sheets of the Kaisercraft 'Marigold' Collection papers to make the basket base, lid and handle. I basically just looked at the photo (linked below) and folded the papers to replicate the original design, changing it up just a little. Scraps were used to form the handle. All the edges were inked to soften the look of the paper.

Decorating the basket was the fun part, firstly I pleated a piece of Burlap/Hessian trim across the top and then using a beautiful variety of Mad About Scrappin flowers and blooms I made a little posy, being sure to curl a few stems to add interest. A strip of lace ribbon along the handle and a gorgeous large daisy on either end gave it a very 'happy' look. Some dainty cream lace rimming the lid was a final touch.



A couple of sweet Chevron bags with a simple flower and you have the perfect little picnic basket to fill with goodies for a special friend.



Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed this little project :)



Nb:  Because the is not my original idea and I was inspired from a photo I felt it would be wrong to give exact instructions. I will however, give a link to the original photo so you can take a look yourself  :)



Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: