Monday, October 28, 2013

Simple Cards for Non-Cardmakers


I've never really considered myself a 'card maker', I feel there are many many talented ladies out there that can easily claim that title! That being said, I still like to put the odd card together as long as it's simple and easy and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who might feel this way :)

I recently attended a family wedding so I had a great reason to play around with one of my favourite Kaisercraft paper lines 'On This Day'. Selecting an appropriate verse from  both the 'I Do' and 'Proposal' sheets, I cut them out and distressed the edges. I backed them both with a lovely robin's egg blue paper (also distressing the edges) and mounted them on some craft cards.



Because the verses are very pretty in themselves I didn't want to over embellish the cards. Using some lovely little flowers picked up from a previous 'Flog it Friday' event together with some dainty laces which are perfect for cards and tags, I made little clusters and added some pearl beaded trim



On the horizontal card I stuck on some bling flourish and on the vertical card I added a little vintage gold stickles to the border of the verse. Both cards have a little pretty glitter sprinkled on the flowers.

I hope you like these very simple cards and if you, like myself are not confident in card making perhaps you might give  them a try :)

Thank you so much for stopping by today xxx
Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: