Friday, November 22, 2013

Mad About Scrappin - Layout of the Week - Week 23

Hello all.
 
Back this week to share with you a quick layout I have created using the Memorabilia paper range by Teresa Collins available at Mad About Scrappin.
 
Still love the versatility of this paper range. Love how it can be used for any subject matter.
 
And I must say that I quite love the colours in this paper range too.
 
So here's the layout that I have created this week.
This time around I have used a piece of smooth black card stock that I have had laying around in my stash for a while. I usually use this type of card stock mainly for matting my photos. However this time around I have found it has worked well for what I wanted to do with the base on my card stock. By also adding a border of some matching washi tape I have been able to create a different feel to finish off the edges of the layout without any huge effort involved.

 For my base design on the black card stock I have used a stencil by WOW I purchased from a Mad About Scrappin Flog it Friday sale. Rather than using it with mists of texture paste however I have used it with and ink pad. To be able to get the ink onto the card stock I have used a disposable cotton makeup pad to rub ink onto the card stock over the stencil. I was able to control the amount I was putting on the card stock quite easily this way. I was also able to fade it in and out of the stencil as I desired. Then lastly to add a little more dimension I have then stamped the stencil using a script stamp randomly. I am quite happy with this effect.

I love being able to layer things I want on the layout too. for this layout I have used a really yummy envelope by Bo Bunny available to Mad About Scrappin. Then I have stamped a piece of the lighter Memorabilia paper with the same script stamp I used on the base card stock. This helped to tie it all together as I found the paper was a little too pale for this layout without it. I even managed to squeeze a piece of felt border punched floral ribbon into this layout that I have had laying around in my to use up stash for ages.
 
Why not play around with your stash too. I love being able to use old products up with new items I have purchased.
 
Till next week.
 
TFL, Michelle x
Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: