Friday, November 29, 2013

Mad About Scrappin - Layout of the Week - Week 24

 
Back again to share with you the last layout for this month I have created for Mad About Scrappin.
 
I have used up the last of my Teresa Collins - Memorabilia stash to create this layout to share with you this week.
 I have played around with using a piece of the Memorabilia paper range as the main background for my layout this week. I am not usually one to use a whole sheet of double sided patterned paper as the base of my layout. However this week I decided that I would do so as I had saved this background paper whole to use for a base when I first saw it. It was just too nice to cut up. So this week I decided to go with a school theme for my layout as I feel this paper range works really well with that theme.

To continue with the school theme I have randomly stamped the base patterned paper with a Kaisercraft numerical clear stamp. I used my hand to stamp rather that a stamp block because I didn't want the whole  pattern. I just wanted to give the base paper a more textured feel. I then used my trusted favourite washi tapes to give the paper a bit of a border to break it up a little.
 
 By layering the die cuts that match the Memorabilia paper range with some washi tape and masking tape I have been able to create my own matching embellishments. I love that the die cuts are double sided and that you are able to chose if you want to use the coloured or black and white side. Makes the die cuts quite versatile.
 
Now.. as I had said above I have used some making tape on this layout as part of my embellishments. Well.. it order to tie it all in I have used the Kaisercraft numerical stamp again to alter the masking tape. The masking tape on its own just didn't fit I felt. Plus the added bonus is that the masking tape adds to the school feel.
 
Have you used something on your layout that was a little different ?
 
Why not play around and see what you come up with.
 
Till next week.
 
TFL, Michelle x
Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: