Monday, January 6, 2014

Altered Frame - Shabby Chic Earring Holder

Firstly HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all.  I hope everyone had a fabulous time and you have all recuperated. I look forward to sharing my creations with you throughout 2014.

Today I have a bit of a product share from Mad About Scrappin. Something a little different and I used no paper at all!!!  I have altered an old wooden photo frame that I had stuck away in my stash into a Shabby Chic Earring Hanger. I totally lifted this idea from my scrapping buddy Tash.

Sooo my frame started out looking something like this....

 I gave it a couple of coats of gesso and then a layer of Kaisercrafts Pink Acrylic paint.  Once it was all thoroughly dry I applied some Kaisercraft crackle medium and waited for about three hours before applying the final coat of white acrylic paint.


 I have used some shabby pink floral fabric from my sewing stash.  I have used some lovely curly roses and forget me knots  along with one of my Tattered Chic Crochet Bloom.  I have used some white lace and pearl trim to create the strips to tuck my earrings into.
 Here is a nice close up on my corner flower cluster.  Totally addicted to doing this technique.....no matter how hard I try - I always find myself starting in the corner!!!...I have added a stickpin I recently received in a RAK from Tash.
Well readers that is my Mad About Scrappin Project share.  Please be sure to  like the facebook page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mad-About-Scrappin/ and also check out the shop http://www.madaboutscrappin.com.au/store/Default.asp.

Till next time remember to .....
.....✿ღ.~♥  Live your Bliss ♥~ღ.✿
Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: