Monday, February 10, 2014

Paper Bag Recipe Mini Album

G'day everyone, I have a quick share for you all today.  I am in the process of creating a paper bag recipe album with my DT kit from Mad About Scrappin.  This month I have the Homemade with Love papers from Carta Bella.
This is the first time I have ever worked with Carta Bella and I love how thick and textured the papers are!! This collection is a little grunge-y and very vintage!  I just love all the kitchen  inspired designs and elements they have cooked up for this.  Just perfect for recipe books!

I have used  some lunch paper bags from my stash.  These were some that I received from the US, and they looked a little like this...


I have used 6 paper bags measuring 5" x 9.75" x 3.15" or 12.7cm x 24.8cm x 8cm. To prep my bags I first opened them up and folded on of the side gussets outward so that I could cut a slit into them....so they looked like this....



I then adhered down all the flaps. 
 After this was done to all 6 of them I then  folded all these flaps over and burnished them well with my bone folder.

I folded the top or gusset part of the bag in half and adhered it down.  This will be where I bind the mini.  It will be flip from the top. I also then trimmed the edges of my bag so that they now 6 inches.

Once I finished this step I then inked up all the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain and then set them aside whilst I cut all my papers to size.

I have no pics to accompany these steps, but I mat all my bags from
Secret Recipe
Baking Stripe
Kitchen Corner
Conversion Table
Mixing Bowls
Love Pie
and  folded up the flap to create a pocket to house a recipe card.

 This is the flip or back side of the bags
  Here are some of the recipe cards I cut out from the collection

 and this is the reverse of the cards.  I have mat with some freebies I found on Pinterest.

These are some that will be going inside the paper bags.

 This is a work in progress so please be sure to join me here again next Monday when I share the finished mini album with you all.  Thanks for stopping by and till next week ...

.....✿ღ.~♥  Live your Bliss ♥~ღ.✿
Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: