Monday, February 3, 2014

Shabby Chic Gift Bag



Hi readers, I just wanted to quickly share with you all my little shabby chic altered gift bag with matching tag that I have created for Mad About Scrappin.  I have used a few scraps from my stash  and a plain white paper bag that I found in my local cheap shop.   Here is what it looked like before.

....and here is the finished bag - all shabbied up!.    I have used some ephemera I found on pinterest; Paper flowers; Seam binding; white lace and pearl trim.   All of these items can be found in the Mad About Scrappin shop.  I have also tucked in a small crocheted heart.

Leanne sent me some gorgeous shabby flowers to try out  on my projects.  This one was just the perfect pink for this bag.  I have added a bit of bling for the centre.  I have added some paper carnations.  I  lightly sponged some pink to these using some Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet and finished the whole cluster off with some tiny pink forget-me-knots.  I love these, they are small and add just the right touch to projects.

 This is one of the gorgeous paper Violas and some baby pink seam binding.  I have a little charm peeking out from behind the seam binding.  I have used a small key and two tiny pearls.

I have not forgotten the back of the bag and just  covered it with more of the scraps and some printed ephemera.
*******

To create that tag I covered some heavy chipboard with more scraps from my stash and then a layer of cheese cloth.  I inked the edges again using Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet.  I added a bow and another tiny pale pink forget-me-knot.  I matted a vintage photo and tucked it in behind a crocheted flower.  I added a border using some of the gorgeous cotton lace and baby pink seam binding.


That is my shabby share for you all this week.  I hope you have a go at doing these bags.  They are quick n easy AND make a really unique gift giving idea.

 Don't forget readers to stop by the blog and enter this months CT sketch challenge.
Photobucket
Pin It Now!