Monday, March 31, 2014

A Pinterest inspired project......

Are you guys just as addicted to pinterest as what I am?  I seem to spend an awful lot of time over there procrastinating and drooling over some of the gorgeous projects that I find .... like this one.
I was really hoping that I would find a tutorial of sorts attached to it, but no.  So I set about working out how I could do it or make one from these supplies...
 So I have used 3 paper mache round boxes and I recycled some cereal box chipboard. Which I sanded lightly to take the glossy shine off.

 Once that was done I glued some tyvek to my two pieces of cereal box to create a hinge.

 I then temporarily stuck my boxes in place to see how it was all going to go and if it would actually work!!
 I also temporarily attached a lid with some masking tape, so that I could work out how I wanted that close over the other half of my "box"

 Once I had marked everything and sorted out all of my dimensions and the placement of the "draws".  I began liberally coating everything in gesso.



 Even the paper mache boxes.
 I then began cutting my strips and punching decorative borders for the outside.I have used more of those gorgeous papers from Graphic 45's Botanical Tea collection!

 and covered the sides of the paper mache boxes..
 I cut some strips to go in between the draws or boxes and also to line the inside of the boxes.



 Once I had all the strips and boxes glued into place I then began to work on the outside.
and the lid.


and here is the finished box ....
I have decorated the lid with some pearl bead trimcherry blossoms and some cutouts from the paper pad.



 I have used some soft pink seam binding for my closure.

You can also see more of this on my youtube channel.
http://youtu.be/7Q3kiZpOXfc

Well that's it....that's my Mad About Scrappin share for this week...
Thanks for stopping by.....
Photobucket
Pin It Now!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bellissima realizzazione,splendida e grazie per averci messo a conoscenza della tua esperienza e del tuo progetto.