Monday, March 17, 2014

Altered Wooden Frames

Hey there readers today I am sharing two altered wooden frames using supplies from the Mad About Scrappin Store and some scraps of Scrap booking paper and tissue paper.


My first frame - "Believe" was created using stamped tissue paper.  I first painted the wooden frame with some Kaisercraft "Antique White" acrylic paint.


Whilst I was waiting for that to dry I grabbed my extra large script stamp; jet black stazon ink and some tissue paper. After stamping my tissue paper I laid it over my frame and mod podged it down.....verrrrrry carefully!!
 Once the mod podge had dried I finished it off with another coat of acrylic paint, just to lighten up the dark text a little. I also inked up the frames edges with some Tim Holtz Vintage Photo distress ink.  Once the frame had completely dried I then began gluing all the gorgeous flowers and lace.  The flowers are: 

 The "beleive" is one of the laser cut flexible words in black.  These can be found under the Embellishments - Laser Cut Cardstock Words in the shop.  

To finish the frame off I have added some bling flourishes from my stash and some lace around the outside edge.


I haven't very many process photos of the second frame....well in fact I only have just this one ..... sorry guys I guess I just get on a roll with it and totally forget about taking pics.   One of the first things I did with this frame was to give it a base coat in pink acrylic paint and once it dried I put a liberal coat of crackle medium on it and waited for it to dry. I then added the top coat with some white acrylic paint and set it aside once more to dry.

Whilst it was drying I dug out some scraps of paper from an old Kaisercraft collection pad called Precious Moments... I roughly tore these papers to fit the frame and inked the edges with Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet distress ink.


To decorate I have used some paper flowers from the Curly roses pastel collection  and two little Forget Me Nots from the new pastel collection that are currently available in the Mad About Scrappin shop

The word "Dream" is another one of the Laser Cut Cardstock words in white and I have added some Kindyglitz - Chrystalline and inked the edges with Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet distress ink.

  
That's my Mad About Scrappin Monday share for you all this week.  Please pop on over to the shop and check out all the new scrapping supplies.  New stock is arriving every week. Oh and don't forget to check out the monthly sketch challenge and link up your layout!!   Come like us on facebook too...you never know when there will be a Crafty Clearance - you might just score that perfect bargain...
Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: