Monday, March 24, 2014

An Altered CD

This week my project is a little different....this week I have altered an old cd.  I don't know about you, but I seem to have a fair few of these lying around.  I was inspired by my scrappy bestie Tash...she challenged us to create something pretty for our fridge!! and here is what I came up with!!
.... A gorgeous fridge magnet to hold all those important bills - errr I mean documents to the fridge!!

I have started with an old CD and Graphic 45's Botannical Tea 8x8 paper pad.
Using the CD as my template I traced out several circles on some of the different prints from the paper pad.

Including the shiny glossy striped back cover of the pad!!
 To smooth out and round off the edges more evenly, I have used a finger nail file.
 I then gathered up a heap of lovely embellishments and paper flowers from the Mad About Scrappin Store.

 Including these gorgeous Ornate frames.....

 which I then cut roughly in half
 I then began the layering and gluing in place process with lace, paper doilies and a small cut from the paper pad.  Whilst I was waiting for my wet glue to dry, I did some fussy cutting to embellish with.
 
I also added some fine white lace to the back of the CD.  
I then began to glue all of my elements into place

 I have added a metal key, which I had painted with some white gesso to blend it in more.  I love how you get a shabby effect when doing this technique!
 Here it is all finished and just drying out on my fridge!! I have added a small plastic chandelier dangle.  
I have used a lovely Elise Satin bloom in pink and some of the new pastel range of Forget Me Nots
Here are some of the pieces I fussy cut from the papers.  I have added some Glossy Accents to the butterflies to make them more durable and give them more dimension.
I have left the Words Or Whatever mini  "Dream" chipboard piece raw as it blended so well with the brown under layer.
Oh and I almost forgot to show you the back.  I have layered it with some of the striped paper from the back cover and a small layer from the paper pad. Last, but not least I have hot glued .a large magnet into the centre.

Have you guys been to the Mad About Scrappin Store yet?  Please pop on over and check out the newest papers that arrived late last week!!  Thanks for stopping by.....
Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: