Saturday, April 5, 2014

Challenging Inspiration


Hello Everyone,

Michelle here.
Isn't this sketch designed by Mad About Scrappin's Creative Team Member, Amy Prior amazing !! 
I absolutely loved playing along with this sketch.

Once again  I have used this kit from Echo Park to create my take on this months sketch at 
Mad About Scrappin.

So here's my take on the sketch.

I have been cleaning out my scrap stash again and found some papers that I have had laying around for ages. The background paper I thought would be PERFECT for the base of this layout. It also matched perfectly with the Echo Park kit too without taking over completely. I also decided to do my take on the sketch and only have one photo. However I did use a 3'x4' journal card and some scrap to create the two other "photos" from the sketch. That way I felt like I was making it my own.

No I was really inspired and my scrapping mojo was flowing when creating this layout. I played around with some texture paste and a stencil I had gotten from a Mad About Scrapping sale to add some texture to the base of my layout.  I then added layers of patterned paper, washi tape and a large paper doily till I was happy with all the layers. 

To mix things up a little and because I really didn't have a lot that I wanted to journal on this layout I have instead created an embellishment cluster there instead. By making my own pennant flags and mixing it up with some matching bakers twine I was able to tie it all in together.

Why not give this month's Mad About Scrappin's challenge a go. 

REMEMBER!!!
There are 2 prizes up for grabs this month at Mad About Scrappin !!!!. One voted by the Creative Team and a random draw so don't forget to get your entries in by the 30th of April!!

Challenge Details :
- Challenge is for Australian Residents Only.
- Entries are to be created exclusively for this challenge and must not be used for any other challenge or Design Team work.
- One entry per person.
- Entries must be added to the link by midnight on the last day of the month.
- Please link to the post that contains your challenge entry, not just your blog.
- A prize will be awarded each month as voted by the Design Team & a Random Draw Prize.
- Winners will be announced on the Blog and our Facebook Page





Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: