Monday, April 14, 2014

Shabby Chic Altered Clock

Happy Easter everyone.....I know I may be jumping the gun just a tad early, but you see as you are reading this I am away camping.  So I hope you all have a wonderfully "Hoppy" Easter and get lots of chocolate!!

Today I have another Botannical Tea project to share with you all.  I promise guys I am nearly done with this paper pad....well almost there are just a few more projects I want to create with it.  These papers have been just awesome to work with...the more I create with them, the more I want to create!!  Anyway enough with the chit chat and on with the important stuff ... THE PHOTO's!!!

I don't really have any process pictures...sorry!  Once I pulled the clock completely to pieces I gave it all a coat or two or three of gesso.  Whilst I was waiting - somewhat impatiently - for it all to dry, I cut the centre pieces from the papers.  Once dry I began the tricky process of trying to put it all back together .... something I am not very good at as I paid absolutely no attention to how it all came out !!.

I covered the outside of the clock with a strip from "Hello Friend" and topped with  "Herbal Infusion.



The front of the clock is decorated with some of those lovely pastel curly roses 2.5cm and a chipboard word, which I have left raw so that it stands out against the white background.
I have added a couple of tiny little pastel roses, stamen and fussy cut the butterfly which I have layered with some glossy accents to strengthen it.
  I draped some cheesecloth over one of the bells and strategically glued it in place so that it "flows" down the side of the clock.
I have had so much fun creating this, that I have plans for the other one now!!  I have been dying to do these for ages and I am really happy with how this one turned out.

Well that's my Monday Mad About Scrappin share for this week.  Thanks for stopping by..... Don't eat too much chocolate ;)

.....till next time 
.....✿ღ.~♥  Live your Bliss ♥~ღ.✿
Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: