Monday, May 19, 2014

Monday Project Share

Hey there everyone....well it is Monday and today was supposed to be the day I shared with you all my finished mini!! You know the Work in progress one??
Well I did start to decorate .....


.......but then everything went pear shaped from there and my week turned into one of THOSE weeks and life just kept getting in the way and no matter how hard I tried I just couldn't catch up.  So it got to Friday and I am thinking O M G!!!! I haven't done my mini....so of course the first thing I did right after hyperventilating was hit the panic button...and thought "what can I do???" ... "what can I do???".

Now I know that there probably many Mums out there have been caught in similar situations with gift giving ideas that were needed like YESTERDAY!!! Soooooo today I have a really quick n easy project to share with you all that you can make straight from your left overs or even a complete paper collection.

Some cute little notebook holders....These can be personalised for that special someone or you can just keep them simple depending on your time....

 To create mine, I pulled out some scraps and embellishments from some of my past Mad About Scrappin kits...
a couple of packets of these little paper pads



seeing as tho' my pads measured 3"x5" I cut my strips 3 1/4"x12


  I scored each of these at:-
4 1/2"
4 3/4"
9 3/4
10"
11 1/4"
 I then folded on the score lines so that my little notepad cover looked like this
 
  
 I folded the last 3/4" flap down and adhered it into place with some double sided tape.  I then wrapped the seam binding and lace all the way around to form sides so that the notepad could just slide underneath.

 I also rounded the corners to make it slide under a little smoother
 I also added a little strip of paper that you can slide the notebook into.  Now all I have to do is refill it!!

and here the finished notepad holders.  I have kept embellishments to a minimum so that you can just throw them in your handbag and not worry about damaging them too much.





You can find all the products I have used to create these cute little holders over at the Mad About Scrappin Store.  
Come join us on facebook and follow the blog

 Thanks for stopping by.....
Photobucket
Pin It Now!