Monday, June 9, 2014

By the Sea Memento Box

Hi all.... today I am back to share with you all my Mad About Scrappin Monday Share.   I have had the gorgeous Graphic 45 By the Sea paper collection sitting here calling out my name for a few months now.  I thought it was about time I busted it open and started cutting it up.  I really really love the beachy feel to these papers and I have a few more projects I am hoping to get created before running out !!

So I was going to alter an old HTC mobile phone box that I have stashed away in my craft room, BUTTTT!!! when I painted the outside black with some acrylic paint...the paint just kept flaking off.  Yep!! I did sand the box quite well before applying the paint, but it still kept peeling off.




 So I decided to pull the box apart and use it as a template to create my own!!

Here are my craft card stock templates.  I have scanned these and uploaded them here.  I am hoping that they may print out and you can use them too!!





I have cut my first piece of card stock to measure 8" x 10"and then scored the inside draw piece at 2 1/2" and again at 5 3/4".  I then rotated my paper and scored at 2 3/8" and 7 7/8"











For the outer sleeve I trimmed my paper to measure 8"x12".  My first score length ways was at 5 3/4.  I then rotated my paper and made the following score lines:- 2 1/4; 5 3/4;  8 1/8 and 11 5/8".


Once I constructed one of these from black card stock I began to layer from the paper pad.  I even matted my layers onto black card stock ... just to make them pop that little bit more!
 I have done a lot of fussy cutting to embellish the box.  This is so easy really.  The papers come with some really cute images to use and also mini postcards and journalling tags.
 I have added glossy accents to some of the images to give that wet shiny look that I think went with the beach theme.


I have used a little glass vial filled with beach sand and some tiny little sea shells that I bought home from our summer holidays to embellish with!! Along with some metal charms. 

Here I have create a handle for my drawer out of some antique bronze bead caps and a pearl.




 Well guys that it, that's my share for this week.  I am currently working on a little flip down postcard style mini album to go inside.  Be sure come back next week to check it out.

Please stop by all the Mad About Scrappin links:-

Thanks for stopping by.....

.....till next time 
.....✿ღ.~♥  Live your Bliss ♥~ღ.✿
Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: