Friday, June 6, 2014

Creative Inspiration - Week 23


Well.. so starts another month.

With this month brings a new kit to play around with on behalf of Mad About Scrappin. 

This month Leanne from Mad About Scrappin has sent me this fun Photo Freedom kit to play with from Echo Park.

When I received the kit I was excited to see it in real life. It is such a fun paper range. I can see that this month I am going to have so much fun with it.

So.. here's the first of many layouts for you from this kit today.
I wasn't quite sure what to do with my first layout. I was going to do my first layout as a pocket page however I was finding that my scrapping mojo had disappeared this week. Too much of a busy week with study and spring cleaning leaving me feeling rather worn out. I have to admit too that this layout took me about 3 hours to do which is rather unusual for me. I just couldn't get things happening to start with and found myself pushing pieces around the page for what seemed like forever till it finally came together.

 By taking a different tack to this layout and creating little bits and pieces about the page I found it finally starting to work for me. I think perhaps I found it a bit too much working with so many different patterns this week. However by using the black and white to tie it all together it finally seemed to fall into place.

I love these little chevron bags too. I have used one as a base for a tag for my title. It has added a bit of texture to my page I think. I also like to create a title using a mixture of alphas and stickers. It create a bit of a feature of the title.

To finish this page off I played around with a mixture of embellishments. I love the buttons I go from the last Mad About Scrappin sale. They are nice and bold in colour and have added that little bit of pop to the layout. I added some Studio Calico cork shapes and Evalicious puffy stickers

I am quite happy with how this layout has turned out. 

It did take a bit to come together but I am glad that I kept at it.

Have you ever struggled with getting a layout to work ?

Till next week.

Get creative.

TFL, Michelle x

Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: