Sunday, July 6, 2014

Half way there...


How hard is it to believe that we are already half way through the year !!!

And with the start of the month comes another inspiring challenge at Mad About Scrappin.

So here's this month's challenge by Crece

I love this sketch and had a blast playing around with it this month. 

So here's my take on the sketch.
I love mixing colours that wouldn't normally seem right together but just seem to work. This is the case with red and pink. If you can't get the right tone of red and pink then they seem to clash. However this time around this paper range by called Love Story by Echo Park really works.

I have added a few touches of black to the layout to make it pop. By colouring a die cut frame and then clustering the embellishments around it it has created a focal point on the layout. I have also loved adding a little bit of bling to the layout by adding in some iridescent sequins. I have mixed up the styles and sizes to mix it up a little. I also have to say that I wasn't too sure of the larger pink glittered flower when  I first got them from a Mad About Scrappin sale. However it just seemed to work for this layout. 

To add a bit of difference with the journalling on this layout I have mixed it up with some word stickers and mixed alphas. The word stickers have been mounted using 3D foam tape to add dimension and create a feature of the journalling. 

Have you checked out the details for this month's Mad About Scrappin challenge ??

Why not give it a go.

Till next time.

TFL, Michelle x

Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: