Monday, July 14, 2014

Sew Lovely Vintage Mini Sewing Box

Heya all....It's Mad About Scrappin Monday again and I have a really cute vintage mini sewing box to share with you all.  I received my latest design team kit from Leanne this week and O M G!!! You guys!! this kit was awesome!! It was jam packed with so many goodies I was gobsmacked!! I have to give a big THANK YOU to Leanne she really spoiled me.  Anyways..... One of the paper pads were Sew Lovely from Papermania.  I saw this and of course immediately thought sewing box!! Then my mind started racing and I thought ...."oooooo what if I could create a miniature version of the vintage sewing boxes????" and guess what?? I did!!!!!

I used a couple of Redhead matchboxes that look something like this....
...and they measure 2"x2 1/2" or 5cmx7cm

Then from some thin chipboard I created the base box.  I have some pics of the process, but not a lot.  I got busy with creating and making that I forgot to stop and the "during" pics.  But here is what I do have... 


 Here it is in it's raw or naked form...
 ....and here I am playing around with some hinges 
 Sorry guys this is where the process pics jump ahead and I have a few pics of me creating the handle from some popsicle sticks and a piece from a wooden skewer.  As you can see I have already begun covering the boxes.  I should let you know too, that I pulled the outer cover of the matchbox apart so that it creates a lid of sorts.



 I perfected my hinges and then cut them from some thick cardboard and covered them with some of the tape measure print from the collection.

 Here it is all finished and I am just trying out the hinges and making sure that they all move freely.




                                       and here are her Glamour shots!!


 TO embellish the "lids" or top of the boxes I have used a selection of paper roses, a metal bird charm, some sewing themed buttons and I have printed the words "Sew Lovely" on to some fabric.
 I have filled the insides with bits n pieces from my sewing supplies


  


I am really happy with how this turned out and to top it off it works...it is functional and all parts move!!! I hope you have enjoyed my little Vintage Sewing box as much as I have.  Thanks so much for stopping by.  Please be sure to check out Mad About Scrappin on all the links below:-

Thanks for stopping by.....


Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: