Friday, August 15, 2014

Creative Inspiration - Week 33

Welcome once again.

I am very excited to be able to share with you what I have been up to this week.

I have been lucky enough to be playing with this new kit called Market Street - Nob Hill by My Minds Eye.
I absolutely love this kit !!! The colours  in this kit are amazing. I also love the metallic foil papers. I wouldn't normally be one to use metallic foil papers but with these colours it really is quite striking. Once again I love that this kit comes with matching stickers. It makes finding matching embellishments to use super easy.

But anyway.. here are the two cards I have created this week using this paper range.
Both cards are different in feel but use the same paper range. That is what I like the best about using these types of kits. The different feel you can get from using different paper choices. It means that you can use the paper range for a variety of scrap booking styles too.

For the first card I have kept it simple. I wanted to create a quick card for a friends daughter. I wanted to create something a little bit different and this is what I came up with. The card is 6'x6' in size and made of Kraft card stock. I have used a Project Life Kraft card as the main part of the greeting and worked from there. The edges have all been inked and I added in once of my favourite paper bags from Mad About Scrappin. I then finished off the card with some garden twine and a wood veneer pennant banner made by American Craft available from Mad About Scrappin.

For the second card I have created a more feminine feel using the floral options in this paper range. I have matted the darker floral onto the sunshine yellow paper and then used Kraft as the card base. I have picked up the green of the leaves on the floral paper with the green ribbon I have used. Now I love the die cut frames however sometimes find the white just doesn't match what I was doing, so this time around I have coloured it black with a sharpie pen. I have mounted it one to some cream mesh and added some flowers to match. I finished the card off by used one of the matching stickers mounted with 3D foam as my greeting. I love the bold look I have ended up with.

Have you created some fun card lately?

Till next week.

Get Creative.

TFL, Michelle x

Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: