Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Mixed Media Layout

Hello everyone...you can all breathe easy I have no tutorials for you all this week, just my first ever attempt at doing a Mixed Media layout.  This month our challenge over on the blog is ......


Here is my take on the challenge...

and here are a few process photos....I made such a lovely mess of me and my craft room!!! I have been gathering quite a few mixed media supplies for some time, but have never really put them to use 'til now.  I have also become an avid watcher of all the mixed media vids over on youtube.  They make it look so easy!!

I began with a piece of 12x12 patterened paper from Fab Scraps .... it looked something like this 

Organic Lace
After some spraying, painting with gesso and then some more spraying it looked something like this.
I have to admit at this point I was ready to toss it in the bin.  It had turned out all the "wrong" colour and was much to dark!! So I started to treat it as an experiment just to see what would happen.  So I grabbed my water colour pencils and added some outlining. 

I then smudged these outlines with my water brush 


 I also added a little orange into the mix.
 I played around with my photo and background mats to see where to position them.

Using one of my home made screens or stencils I added 
texture paste over some stamping I had done with Stazon Jet Black.
and some Lindys Stamp Gang sprays.  I also splattered them onto the page as well.
  
 I then toyed around with some flowers from the shop.  I added some twine that I had also sprayed with Lindy's Stamp Gang Spray in Ramblin Rose



 I have used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the saying. 



 Some close ups of these gorgeous blooms I got on one of the Facebook sales.  
Below is my finished layout.  I thoroughly enjoyed the process.  I learnt a lot.  I really need to do more of this and learn to just go with the flow!!
 I have to admit that I am finally liking how this layout evolved.  Not at all like what I pictured in my minds eye!!

Don't forget to look us up on facebook.
Mad About Scrappin Facebook
Well everyone, that is it from me for this week.  Something very different from me this week, hope you all made it to the end :)

Thanks for stopping by.....
Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: