Monday, February 2, 2015

A Time to Celebrate Cardholder

Hey all, welcome back.  Well it is Monday down here in my neck of the woods and you know what that means?  It is time to share my Mad About Scrappin project.  Last week I received my design team kit and I couldn't  wait to dive in and get creating.


So I busted open the A Time to Celebrate 8x8 pad from Graphic 45 and two of the off white cardstock.  I wanted to create a storage solution for some of my handmade cards and I thought the theme of these papers was just right for it.

I have used two pieces of off white cardstock to create the "box" shape. I have trimmed to measure 7"x12"  and 7"x 6.5".

 I have scored these at 3"; 4.5" and again at 9.5".  I trimmed off the excess.  With my second sheet of cardstock I scored it an 1.5" 
and then adhered the two pieces together 
Once this was done I began matting both sides.


 Once I had both sides covered, it was time to work on the concertina-d sides and add the dividers. I trimmed the two strips of cardstock I had leftover to 4".

 Which I then scored every at 1 inch intervals.
 adhered double sided tape to alternate sides and attached my dividers.
I then glued this to the "inside".
 Then the fun began with embellishing, fussy cutting and punching flowers.  
I have tucked the top flap in behind a button I have created using an old wooden button, some glossy accents and paper punches

 Here is my finished card holder....










Join me next week as I create some co-ordinating cards to go inside.   Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out all the Mad About Scrappin links below.



✿ღ.~♥  Much Love ♥~ღ.✿
Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: