Monday, June 8, 2015

Altered Little Bird House

Hi and welcome to my creative inspiration share for Mad About Scrappin.  Today I have this tiny little birdhouse. It only measures aproximately 3"x4" or roughly 8cm x 11cm.  Along with this little birdhouse, this months kit also included the gorgeous paper pad Junque Gypsy from Marion Smith.   There are so many beautiful prints in this collection that I found it awful hard to cut them up.

Once I decided on my papers, I painted my little birdhouse with some white gesso.  whilst I was waiting for this to dry, I pulled out some paper scraps to make a template for the front of the birdhouse from.  Once I had marked all the holes and the placement of the little perches I then traced this template to my papers.  


I have distressed all the edges and left them white.  

I cut some 1 inch strips that I then used this border punch on to get a scalloped looking roof.  I also cut each of the scallops and rolled them up just a touch so that the ends would curl.



Once all my papers were glued on, I started decorating with soft baby pink roses that I have in my stash and some were also from a few Mad About Scrappin previous kits.  The little bird is from my stash as was the bling, ribbon, lace and pearl bead string.

Her are some more close ups on the details.....








So there you have it guys.  My cute wee little birdhouse.  This was so much fun to create and it was done in no time at all.   

Oh just one more thing....I have added some of these little clear protectors to the base to use as "feet".

Well readers, that is is it from me this week.  Thanks for stopping by and as always please click the links below to see what my fellow creative team has to share.  Also be sure to check out what kits are available this month in the store....




✿ღ.~♥  Much Love ♥~ღ.✿

Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: