Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Creative Inspiration - Bit of a change... always good.


Yes... I know... I didn't get a post up for last Friday... 

Huge apologies but things have been bedlam here and I seem to be chasing my tail. Everything was done, as I have a few older layouts created from a kit that had missed being shared. 

Plus I want to be able to share the work that has been missed but will share the layouts over a few days so that I don't have posts that are too photo heavy.

So... I would like to share with you this week, three layouts that I have created using the Prima Coffee Break Pattern Paper Range by Pebbles. I loved working with this paper range. There were so many elements on the background paper that create a bit of interest on the base layout. 

Today I would like to share this layout I have used some of the patterned for the base which I have matted on some black card stock. Now because the base paper is patterned I have only added a few smaller pieces of the contrasting paper from the range to the layout.
For this layout I have used photos from the start of the school year. I don't normally work with this many photos so I have printed these off to smaller sizes to make them work with this layout. I have also used some brighter plain washi tape to add a bit of pop to the dark background. 

I love using coloured paper doilies on layouts. I find they add a little bit of colour pop quite easily without any huge effort. I have then used some of the patterned paper to create a tag for the sub title of my layout and finished the title off with some chipboard numbers. 

I love the die cut wooden typewriter. I have added it to the journal card I have stamped and some cute pink typewriter washi tape. I have also hand stitched on this layout to add a bit of a feature of the added paper strips. 

I quite like having a play with the paper range I think because the patterned base gave me a great base to start from with decorating the layout.

Well... better get back to it. 

Looking forward to sharing again tomorrow the next layout in this paper range.

TFL, Michelle x

Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: