Saturday, November 21, 2015

Creative Inspiration - Cards Galore


Wow.... This month is just speeding by...

I am back to share with you some cards that I made for the mountain of birthdays that I had during October. It was certain the month of birthday craziness. 

My first card was for my daughter boyfriend, Adam.  Now I really am not a huge fan as you know of creating masculine cards. It's fine when it's for younger boys but as they get older I find it harder to give the cards a real masculine feel. However I found it quite easy this time with a bit of help from some garden twine, matching stickers, a wooden domino and a flair. 

Now as I said I find it easier to create for younger boys and this card was made especially for my son. I really wanted to add in the little mummy stamp so just created the card base and then added the mummy in as the embellishment on the front of the card. I love the little chalkboard flags too as they add that little extra with ease.

With my daughter's 18th birthday looming my Mum was going to buy a card when I sang out that I could create something for her to give. It was the perfect opportunity for me to be able to try out a technique I wanted to try. I really wanted to know if  stamping onto kraft card stock and then colouring with mepxy markers could give a good effect. I must say that I LOVE the look and plan of playing with this again.

Now... my younger children wanted to create a card for the big sister too so we all got together to create this card. I have used some of the matching stickers to create the embellishments and teamed it with a large black satin ribbon bow. We then finished the card off with some bling in the form of the glitter numbers.

The card I created especially for my daughters 18th from us I wanted to have a feminine feel without being too girly. By adding it the black and grunging up the card I have been able to achieve the look I was chasing. I have then layered some paper doilies and finished the card off with some garden twin and a wooden die cut dress form.

The last card I created was a super quick one for my niece. I played around with some gelatos on some water colour paper the create the base of this card. I have also double matted it onto some kraft and lightly hand stamped with a graph stamp and black staz on ink. The flowers I have created using layered stamped images and some dew drops. I then mounted the using 3D foam dots to add dimension.

Must say that my busy birthday month is over and I can now get working on Christmas.

Till next week I hope you all get a chance to get creative.

TFL, M x
















Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: