Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Creative Inspiration - Xmas Gift Giving

Good Morning all.

Just wanted to share with you some of the goodies that the kids and I have created for Xmas this year . 
Every year we get together to create something just that little bit different for them to be able to give to their teachers and friends. This year was a little bit of a last minute rush with deciding what to actually get for the gifts and not realising that there was only one week of school left! 

Anyway.. to make the process a little simpler this year as I had to make eight cards I decided to make the card similar in design. I have gone with two designs so make four vertical and four horizontal in design. 

I have used some 200gsm kraft cards as the base and used two different types of paper doilies for the start of the designs. I then used a free 3x4 Project Life Christmas Freebie by Becky Higgins as the starting point. I printed two of each and cut out the centre part of one of the cards to mount on top of the other to add some dimension. then it was simply a case of personalizing each design.

For the first one I added some black and white bakers twine to some garden twine and tied up the card. I then added two super cute die cut wooden stars to finish off the card. Simple but fun.

The second card I added an Ikea 2014 xmas tag I have mounted with 3D foam tied with some red and white bakers twine. I then finished off the card with some red gem stones and another die cut wooden star. Very simple but effective.

Then there was the gifts. I was hoping to be able to make some goodies this year but it just didn't happen for various reasons. Plus I really didn't want to spend our whole weekend madly creating and cooking when it was so hot here in Adelaide. So instead I found these cute lolly jars at Coles Supermarket. So much easier when we had to give out eight lots to teachers at school and Calisthenics. 

Just jazzed them up a little with some homemade tags using the same goodies we created the cards with. We made four of these for school.


And four of these ones for Calisthenics. The kids were so excited to see them all finished and even more excited to be able to hand over these to their teachers.


The kids and I had a great time creating these and an even better time being able to give these as a token of our appreciation to the kids teachers.

Remember some times its the little things that mean the most. 

Enjoy the rest of your week.

TFL, Michelle  x

Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: