Friday, February 12, 2016

Creative Inspiration - Colour Focus

Hello... Hello... Welcome to the end of another week. As crazy as the past weeks have been this week would have been the craziest. TAFE is well and truly back with the hardest part of my course starting and assignments due all over the place. Plus we have been busy with what seems like a thousand (only slight exaggeration lol) appointments. Then to top it off I have reorganised the lounge and my craft/computer/study area. Which involved moving furniture all over the place. This means now I am still "finding" where I have put my craft supplies...lol.

Anyways... I have had a chance to play amidst all the mayhem with both my new Brother Scan n Cut machine AND a new paper range by Chickaniddy Crafts called Yippee! Such a fun name for a paper range for such fun bright and colourful paper.

So with fun in mind I have created this layout focusing on the navy blue and orange from this paper range for this layout of my son dressed as the Mad Hatter.
As I said I have been having a little play around with my new cutting machine (finally!!!) and decided to follow through with the stars pattern from the paper range. I have created the base of this layout using a mix of card stocks. I had originally just matted the blue card stock on white however I felt that something was missing so added in a layer of the matching orange card stock. 

To mix it up a little and following on with the stars pattern I have cut some more stars from white and coloured them with a orange permanent marker to match in with the colours. I have also added a few different size wood veneer stars to add a bit of dimension to the layout. Then added the wood veneer frame to finish off the photo. Gives a bit of a different feel to the layout.

I have stars and circles out of some of some white card stock. I have also played around with another circle/stars cut file I found online and then sprayed it to match the orange in the paper range with some glimmer mist. I have created my title using a cut file on the machine cut from white card stock then coloured with a permanent marker which matched well. I then gave it a coat of dimensional magic to give it a little depth.

I quite enjoyed creating this layout. Some times I find it fun to just focus on certain colours from a paper range to mix it up a little. I find that if I do this I don't get sick of using the paper range. 

Well better get back to it. 

Chores waiting for me to play catch up on.

Till next time.

TFL, Michelle x

Photobucket
Pin It Now!

No comments: